T.E.&M. U.P. “Traumatic Experiences & Management through Unified Purpose” – Have you ever felt frustrated, disappointed, or discouraged about that student you just can’t reach? No matter what you try it only seems to make things worse. Sudden outbursts and unexplained irritability and hostility keep you confused about the relationship. These kinds of struggles are common when facing the challenges of trauma and stress. The T.E.A.M.-U.P. Academy is an intensive workshop that provides understanding about the brain and chemical responses to negative stress and traumatic experiences. Providing intentional strategies to establish impactful relationships with distressed students through a safe and secure environment, the T.E.A.M.-U.P. Academy is an experience that will encourage, inspire, and empower any staff.
- In-depth look at the brain that provides understanding about (dis)stress and its association with the chemical impact on brain development and learning.
- Identify different types of trauma and events that induce survival responses.
- Develop an understanding of the fight/flight/freeze response system and interventions that minimize negative impact.
- Acquire trauma-informed practices for behavior management through the strategic development of attachment and connectedness in the classroom.
- Foster social and emotional competencies in students that builds capacity for student self-management and personal responsibility.
- Acquire techniques for dealing with overwhelming emotional reactions.